Preparation to play
Don’t get booted!
- It was recently the case that a player who has been away for 5 minutes was identified as inactive. The powers that be say that time is now 60 minutes.
- If you are not online or your partner is not online, the pair is not put into the game.
- If you or your partner is deemed inactive by the system even though you both are online, the pair is not put into the game.
- The key takeaway is be active before game time. Move the cursor around with mouse or trackpad; click something; those actions should be enough.
Enter or update your ACBL numbers
- login at BBO
- find on the home page and click ACBL World under FEATURED AREAS
- click Update your ACBL number
- ignore the instruction details and use only numbers (no letters) in the entry
- send it on its merry way
- active after 24 hours
Please contact these fine helpers – text.
For assistance with the nitty gritty.
Please send your BBO handle to Bonnie.
- Bonnie Rosen 561-212-2576
- Roger Fried 561-699-2990
- Linda Tafet 561-558-4223
The ACBL provides a list to BBO of the players who competed in our game in the past year. If you have an ACBL number, you are on the list. This is the first cut of the members and guests who can play in our private game.
Sagamore Tutorial Videos
Dallas Tutorial Videos
ACBL Black Masterpoints at 100% Club ratings!
ahem.....you can play in your Pajamas
Online club vs regular BBO games, Masterpoint awards and cost of games explained here
Detailed steps – Long Form
- Find our private St. Andrews games at www.bridgebase.com.
- If you are a member of BBO, log in, or if you are new to BBO click "Register".
- Enter or update your ACBL number to receive ACBL masterpoints.
- Add funds with the "BB$" button.
- Close the BB$ box and click "HOME", returning to the original BBO homepage.
- Choose "COMPETITIVE".
- Select "ACBL VIRTUAL CLUBS".
- Look for St. Andrews games (club # VACB240341 or use the search bar above for St. Andrews). Games are listed 2-hours prior to game time.
- Learn your partner’s BBO handle so you know each other.
- Add yourself and partner, or find a partner at "Partnership Desk". (Both partners need to be logged on at the same time to register.)